Planning to buy cheapest 4K camera? You have come to right place as we have in-depth guide about best and most affordable 4K camera available in market.
As you can see craze of vlogging is increasing day by day. And with better internet speed and availability, people are getting lots of video content via different mediums like YouTube, Netflix, TVs etc.
With improvement in lifestyle and new inventions in technology, people are able to afford home entertainment systems, high-end smartphones and 4K capability Televisions etc. Now, with such huge demand, its natural that demand of 4K and ultra HD videos are growing and there is huge market open of 4K cameras.
But, 4K camera being relatively new in market, prices are still very high if we compare them to 720p, 1080p and other HD video capability cameras. In this scenario, if you are planning to by 4K camera, price is certainly a major deciding factor.
Here, we are reviewing best cheap 4K camera in range of $500-$1000.
Best 4K Mirrorless Cameras:
1. Sony Alpha a6300 [Editor’s Choice]
Sony launched Sony Alpha a6300 in March 2016. Within 1 year of its launch, Alpha a6300 has won DP reviews Gold Award and achieved #1 Best seller status at Amazon in Camera category.
With an amazing super fast auto focus (so far fastest in the world) with 0.05 sec, you won’t miss even a single best shot. I personally own this 4K camera and I am die-hard fan of it.
It comes with 24MP resolution with superfast autofocus, 4K video capability (obviously J), viewfinder resolution and all with an affordable price.
Although pixel count is same as its precedent version a6000, but a6300 has sensor with 425 phase-detection points ranged across the sensor. Sony a6000 already had one of the best AF systems among its competitors, but a6300 came with an upgrade to it which is something you will love.
- 24MP CMOS Sensor
- 425 phase detection AF points
- 4K (Ultra HD) video – 25/24p at full width, 30p at smaller crop
- 2.36M dot finder with 120 fps mode
- Dust and Moist resistant magnesium-alloy body
- Wi-Fi connect with NFC to share images, videos etc. easily
- Comes with built-in microphone port
Sony Alpha a6300 has best photo and video quality in its price class with most accurate white balance, super fast autofocus, good tonal range and really decent noise profile.
The only weak point in a6300 is no touch screen availability. But, considering the audio quality and 4K video capability at this price, Sony Alpha a6300 is without a doubt the best among all cheapest 4K cameras.
4K Daylight Sample Recording Video
2. Panasonic G7 4K Mirrorless Camera
Panasonic G7 4K Camera is not only capable of capturing superb quality 4K videos, but also, it comes with a very much affordable price tag than high end Sony 4K Cameras.
Panasonic models are always known for their quality. At all ecommerce or camera review websites, you will find maximum positive reviews and high ratings for Panasonic camera models.
Panasonic G7 is another addition to the Panasonic 4K camera family and with affordable price, this ¾ inch screen camera grabbed huge attention in no time.
- 16MP CMOS Sensor with ¾ inch screen
- 4K (Ultra HD) video.
- 3840 x 2160 (30p/25p) video resolution
- 4K Photo mode with ‘Pre-Burst’ mode
- Wi-Fi capability, 4K Video at 100 Mbps
- 7 fps maximum burst rate
- Built-in viewfinders and movable rear screen
- 350 minutes’ battery life
- Good hand grip with lots of external control buttons
Panasonic might not be the best in design, G7 gives a strong competition to other cheap 4K cameras in its class because of its video and picture quality.
Its also smallest in size with other competitors which make it handy to shoot in tough locations.
Best 4K Action Camera:
1. Sony FDR-X1000V/W 4K Action Cam
As 4K has become premium feature to have in both TV as well as Cameras, Sony has covered both market. Its flagship phone Sony FDR X1000V/W 4K Action Cam not only have 4K capturing ability, but also it can capture 4K videos at 100 Mbps rate.
With a price tag of $500, it competes with all cheapest 4K cameras. Sony FDR X1000 Action Cam has signature look of Sony Action Cams and it’s a bit larger and a little bit heavier than other 4K cams.
While capturing videos, Sony considered simplicity as key and to follow this, this 4K action cam has a red-dot button at top of it to start video recording instantly. There are hold switch and two buttons for on-screen navigation.
- 4K (3400 x 2160) video recording
- 3 times more stable Image stabilization (SteadyShot) to capture better shots
- 170-degree f/2.8 Zeiss Tessar lens
- Good design and build quality
- BIONZ X image processor
- Live streaming via Ustream, slow motion
- XAVC S codec for high resolution videos and high bitrates.
- Full HD (1080p) at 60p with 28 Mbps rate
- Built-in Wi-Fi and NFC for image, video etc. sharing easily
- Price under $500
I personally like this 4K action cam as it doesn’t have any time limit on 4K shooting and it don’t have any overheating issue due to longer 4K shoots. So, you don’t need to worry about it to shutdown automatically due to overheating.
Best 4K Camcorder:
1. Sony FDRAX33 Camcorder [Editor’s Choice]
Following the current trend of 4K video content, all companies are adopting to 4K from camera to TV and now 4K laptops too.
With industry dominating features and reasonable price of $2000, Sony was leading the 4K camcorder segment with its Sony AX100. Now, with FDRAX33, Sony became first company to bring 4K camcorder under $700.
Sony Handycam AX33 Camcorder is finally a 4K camcorder for all of us at affordable price (currently cheapest 4K camcorder among all existing other camcorders in market).
Due to its design and handling characteristics, AX33 is portable and user-friendly. As it is smaller than Sony AX100, you may feel some less controls physically, but, extra functionalities in touchscreen covers it up.
It has a basic start/stop button, zoom slider and control ring for easy handling. At backside of flip screen, there are some more control buttons for night mode, playback toggle etc.
- 4K (3400 x 2160) Video capability
- 20.6 MP image sensor
- Zeiss lens with SteadyShot for better image stabilization
- Control ring for controlling exposure and white balance manually
- 5.1 channel microphone and manual audio controls
- BIONZ X image processor
- Xtra Fine LCS with WhiteMagic to boost screen brightness
- Wi-Fi Capability, NFC2
- Live streaming with Ustream
- Can create highlight7 video in MP4 from multiple clips automatically
- NIGHTSHOT enables to capture even in complete darkness
- Extra-light, Extra compact body
- Dual video recording
- Face detection and smile shutter
- Built-in USA cable for quick charging and data sharing at PC
- Golf Shot Mode to analyze swing
With these features, Sony FDRAX33 camcorder is without any doubt best 4K camcorder. We seriously didn’t find any need to compare it with any other 4K camcorder in cheap 4K camcorder segment.
Here are our final choices among all Cheap 4K Cameras, camcorders and action cameras.
Sony Alpha a6300
4K Action Camera
Sony FDR-X1000V/W 4K Action Cam
Sony FDRAX33 Camcorder